Mark Kruckenberg and Brandon Winter (sales team) recently returned
from the Marketing Educators’ Association Conference in Silicon Valley, California.
And here they are:
1. The candy bar journey. If you are a marketing professor and have
attended a conference with us, then you’ve probably received one of our awesome emails requesting your favorite candy bar! For those who aren’t familiar, we send a pre-conference email to all marketing professors requesting their favorite candy bar and we go to great lengths to make sure we have it at our booth ready for them. In this particular case, we had some trouble locating a Dark Chocolate Toblerone for Professor Brian Jorgensen from Westminster College. Instead of chalking it up for a loss, Mark and Brandon (our sales staff on-site) walked 1.3 miles down to World Market to ensure Brian got his Dark Chocolate Toblerone! What troopers!
2. Gwyneth Howell. We had the privilege of presenting with the one and only Gwyneth Howell from the University of Western Sydney. She goes above and beyond to connect with her students and engage through social media outlets.
3. Mark Staton and the GAIQ. We thought this was a really cool way to prepare students for the job market. Professor Mark Staton from Western Washington University shared that a replacement for his final exam was to have his students pass the Google Analytics Individual Qualification(GAIQ). The students all brought their laptops to class the second to last day. This did an amazing job in emphasizing the importance of students preparing for the job market and setting themselves apart from other candidates.
The Marketing Educators’ Association Conference allowed us to meet new professors and make new friends. We were able to show off our internet marketing simulation – The Real Deal Simulation, as well as inform marketing professors of our 100% digital internet marketing textbook that just recently launched! We can’t wait until next year!
Latest posts by Trevor Erikson (see all)
- How College Students Help The World - September 14, 2017
- 10 Game Changers You Missed By Not Attending SMMW17 - April 11, 2017
- Stukent March Madness Challenge 2017 - March 13, 2017
9 MUST-HAVE INTERNET MARKETING TOOLS
get your hands on the tools that the pros use