Last week I had the privilege of traveling to the beautiful country of Mexico. Roughly 200 professors were gathering to present their research in the field of marketing in Pachuca, Hidalgo, Mexico. The vast majority of universities in Mexico still don’t offer a course dedicated to teaching digital marketing. This is due to the same things that slow down universities here in the US:
- Lack of accurate, up-to-date material that caters to the needs of higher education
- Lack of professors with institutional studies in online marketing
- Lack of professors with professional experience doing digital marketing
- This causes fear in professors that students know as much or more about the subject than they do
The Stukent internet marketing textbook and simulation will be used at Tecnológico de Monterrey (known as the Harvard of Mexico) next semester, and at several other reputable universities. We are excited to be helping them start teaching online marketing because now more than half of the population of Mexico is active online.
Carlos Valdez and I had the chance to meet in Mexico City on Friday and Saturday. Carlos is a professor at University of Central Florida and a co-author and translator of the Spanish version of Internet Marketing Essentials.
The conference was re-organized after the original conference was cancelled. If you haven’t heard, there is a very mysterious crime that is still being investigated in Mexico that involves 43 male college students that went missing over one month ago. CNN just did an update on the story last Friday. Surprisingly, all of the professors I spoke with believe that it is corrupt politicians that are to blame, NOT the Cartel, although CNN reports that the Cartel is the main suspect.
Browse through these pictures I took and recognition that was received (hover over image to view the caption):
Latest posts by Stuart Draper (see all)
- How to Get 8000+ People to View Your Brand New Linkedin Account - April 18, 2017
- How BIG is Stukent? - February 9, 2017
- Merry Christmas from Stukent! - December 23, 2016
9 MUST-HAVE INTERNET MARKETING TOOLS
get your hands on the tools that the pros use