Immerse Students in a Real-world Accounting Cycle
The Stukent Accounting Simternship goes beyond your average business simulation, allowing your students to apply the concepts you’re teaching them in a real-world setting. The Simternship asks students to make journal entries and prepare financial reports, helping them learn to account for business decisions and build the skills they will need for success.
A Simternship helps your students gain experience, master marketable skills, increase their knowledge retention, and yes, even make mistakes in a low-risk environment. It’s a powerful experience that cements learning for a lifetime.
The Stukent Accounting Simternship contains 12 engaging, true-to-life rounds. Each round presents its own unique lessons and challenges, allowing your students to practice these key objectives:
- Understand the scenario.
- Analyze transactions and determine how they impact the accounting equation.
- Record the effects of transactions using journal entries.
- Analyze transactions and make adjusting entries at month-end.
- Prepare an income statement.
- Complete the closing process in the accounting cycle.
- Use the financial reports to evaluate performance.
The Accounting Simternship places your students in an engaging, realistic scenario to help them understand the principles of the accounting cycle. In this simulation, your students will play the role of a new entrepreneur who must account for their business decisions and transactions.
Throughout the simulation, students will perform job-related tasks that coincide with the storyline and help them understand the learning objectives.
- The Quickbooks-like environment mimics industry tools.
- Students will analyze transactions and determine how those transactions impact the accounting equation.
- The immersive user interface helps students build experience with an ERP-like platform.
Easy Setup & Grading
- The Simternship is fully digital and guides students through each activity.
- All simulation activities are auto-graded.
- Stukent customer success managers provide instructors with robust support for course set up, LMS integration, and more.
Round by Round
Rounds 1 & 2
Account Transactions – Week 1 & 2
Account Transactions – Week 3 & 4
End of Month 1 Adjustments
Account Transactions – Month 2
End of Month 2 Adjustments
Account Transactions – Month 3
End of Month 3 Adjustments
Prepare Income Statement &
Evaluate Financial Reports
Pitch to the Bank
High School All-access Pass
The High School All-access Pass gives teachers access to not only the Accounting Simternship™ but all 12+ simulations and courseware offered by Stukent.
For a limited time, early adopters can lock in a multi-year High School All-access Pass at a discounted price.
Expand Your Definition of Courseware
Robust Support for Educators and Students
Help When You Need It Most
The Stukent Support Team makes it easy to use Stukent’s materials in your classroom. Educators and students using our materials can contact the Support Team for assistance with our Simternships and courseware.
with LMS Integration
Single Sign-on | Rostering | Grade Book Syncing | Deep Linking