Friday, October 6, 2023 at noon EDT
In this Webinar, Jim and Kay Stice will give examples of current ESG disclosures and explain how an introductory accounting course can include the important topic of ESG.
During the webinar, the Stices will explore answers to the following questions.
- Can a passenger airplane actually fly using sustainable fuel processed from municipal garbage?
- What are the plans of big oil companies, such as British Petroleum and Exxon Mobil, to reach ZERO net carbon emissions by the year 2050?
- What Social reason caused Walmart to stop selling a certain brand of coconut milk in June 2022?
- What fraction of S&P 500 corporations have at least one woman on the board of directors?
- Why are tin, tungsten, and gold called “conflict minerals”?
- What do you know about the International Sustainability Standards Board, the newly-formed ISSB?